1) The hot stamping foil are designed for short-term us […]
1) The hot stamping foil are designed for short-term use/wear. Apply them to objects that are not going to be frequently washed. Such objects include: bags, graduations caps and even pillows!
2) Use an adhesive that is specially designed for hot stamping Foils. You can also use 1 color screen print transfers or trim-free transfer paper using black ink as substitutes for adhesive. Adhesive (sometimes referred to as foil receiving film) is a transparent-like material that works just like Heat Transfer Vinyl. You cut your design in reverse (liner side down) using a vinyl cutter/plotter, weed away the excess material and then apply it (liner side up) using an iron or heat press. Depending on what adhesive you use, it may require the liner to be peeled either hot or cold. We offer two adhesives for Heat Transfer Foils: EasyWeed Adhesive and HotMelt (Foil Receiving Film).
3) The hot stamping Foil is 12 inches in width and come in rolls 25 feet in length. Using a scissors, cut the foil so you have just enough to fully cover the applied adhesive. Always apply the adhesive first! Then, when applying the foil, always ensure that it lays colored-side up.
4) Always peel the foil COLD! The colder it is when you peel it, the better the results will be. It helps to rub the foil on a cold surface to help disperse the heat.
5) Tip: After peeling the foil, you can reuse the foil that did not stick to the adhesive!
6) Tip: Adhesive and hot stamping Foils may include a temperature range for recommended application. If you do plan on washing your finished design, make sure to apply both the adhesive and foil at the top of the temperature range. This will help your design withstand a wash cycle better than it would if applied at the bottom of the temperature range.
No. 12, Shengyang Road, Shangma Industrial Zone, Shitang Town, Wenling, Taizhou, Zhejiang, China